Monday, January 30, 2012

Master of Photography

Betsy and I recently returned from New Orleans, where we attended Imaging USA, the annual convention of the Professional Photographers of America. I am thrilled to announce that during the Degrees and Awards Ceremony, I was awarded the Master of Photography Degree, by PPA President Don Dickson.

The Master of Photography degree is one that is achieved by meritorious performance in International Print Competition. It is not a matter of simply taking enough classes or being a photographer for long enough. You have to create compelling images, as judged by affiliated jurors. It is about performance as a photographer, judged by people who know the difference between solid photography artistically enhanced and mediocre captures in which the flaws are covered over in Photoshop. It is a Big Deal.

It's hard for me to talk about me, but sometimes it's necessary. Thanks for reading.

No comments: